Preparation Time: 20 minutes | Cooking Time: 10-12 minutes | Serves: 5-6
500g of thinly sliced bitter gourd
10 g of Knorr Maldive Fish Mix
3 thinly sliced Large Onions
2 pips of chopped garlic
2 thinly sliced green chili
2 tbsp. of chili powder
1 tbsp. of chili flakes
½ tsp turmeric
1 tbsp of sugar
1 Stick of cinnamon
1 tbsp of tamarind paste
Rampe and Curry leaves
Salt to taste
Oil to deep fry
1. Heat oil in a deep vessel.
2. Clean the bitter gourd and slice thinly. Add turmeric and a pinch of salt. Add immediately into the hot oil and fry until light golden, but not too crisp.
3. Add oil in a separate pan. Add a few sliced onions, garlic, green chili, rampe, curry leaves, cloves, cardamom and sauté till fragrant.
4. Add the balance sliced onion and sauté till the onion caramelizes. Then add the Knorr Maldive fish powder, chili powder, chili flakes, tamarind paste and sugar. Mix well and cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
5. Now add the fried bitter gourd and mix well to combine with the onion mixture. Cook for a further 2 minutes. Season to taste and serve hot.
Fry the bitter gourd in hot oil as soon as it is sliced to ensure no discoloration, and the flavour remains intact.