Serves: 10 -12
40g cashew nuts, powdered
2 tablespoons sugar
200g condensed milk
4 tablespoons Astra
100g dark chocolate
50g white chocolate
1. Beat the butter and sugar in a bowl until fluffy. Beat in the flour and cashew nut powder and then mix well with hands.
2. Press the above mixture into the base of a square baking tray.
3. Bake in a preheated oven at 1800 C for 20 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, add all the ingredients of the caramel filling into a saucepan. Stir gently till the mixture starts boiling. Keep stirring for a few more minutes until the mixture starts to thicken.
5. Remove from heat and pour over the baked base and leave to set.
6. Add the two chocolates separately into a bowl and melt over a double boiler. Take off from heat and add 2 tablespoons of Astra each and mix well.
7. Spread the dark chocolate over the caramel and smooth with a knife.
8. Use the white chocolate on top to form any design. Once the chocolate has set, cut into squares and serve.