Preparation Time: 15 Minutes | Cooking Time: 30 Minutes | Serves: 5-6
200g of basmati rice
200g of minced beef
3 nos of Knorr chicken cube
50g of kadala parippu (gram dhal)
1 tsp of fenugreek
5 nos of green chilli
3 cloves of garlic
1 inch piece of ginger
½ tsp of turmeric powder
10 nos of chopped shallots
1 cup of chopped coriander leaves
1 no of chopped tomato
1 tsp of ginger-garlic paste
2 litres of water
1 litres of fresh coconut milk
Bunch of curry leaves
A handful roasted cashew
Salt to taste
1. Heat Margarine and cook the onions until golden.
2. Add the ginger garlic paste and cook for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add the mutton, green chili, coriander leaves, chopped ginger and garlic, turmeric powder and salt and cook for 3-4 minutes.
4. Add the rice, kadala parippu and water and cook till rice is tender.
5. When the rice is cooked, mash the mixture coarsely with a wooden spatula.
6. Add the coconut milk and Knorr chicken cubes and let it boil till the rice and mutton is soft and the consistency is right.
7. Arrange in individual soup bowls. Garnish with cashew and Serve hot.
Use Sudu kekulu or rathu kekulu rice for a healthier option.