Recipe serves: 4 | Preparation Time: 20 Minutes | Cooking Time: 90 Minutes
500g minced chicken
1 Knorr Seasoning Cube
2 large onions, chopped
6 cloves garlic, minced
200ml tomato sauce
500ml white sauce
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
300g grated cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons chilli powder
1 tablespoon cumin
1 cup water
1 packet instant lasagna sheets
Salt and crushed pepper to taste
1. Heat oil in a large skillet and add cumin, onions and garlic. Cook until onions are done.
2. Add chicken, crushed pepper and chilli, sauté for a few minutes. Then add tomato sauce, water, Knorr Seasoning Cubes and simmer for a few minutes.
3. In a 10 x 8 inch baking tray, cover the bottom with a few spoons of the chicken mixture, then a layer of lasagna sheets. Spread with 1/3 chicken mixture and top with 1/3 cheese sauce. Repeat this layering twice. Finish with a lasagna sheet and cover with cheese sauce.
4. Generously sprinkle more cheese on top and cover with foil.
5. Bake at 180°C for 60 minutes. Let it stand for 15 minutes before cutting.
If the lasagna sheets are not pre-boiled add more sauce. The sheets will absorb the extra sauce, becoming softer.